Friday, February 29, 2008
The question is: What can the ships do?
1. At the very least, it's a show of force beyond which there is no spine, very much like what President Reagan did in 1984 in Beirut. After Mughniyah's bombing of the US Marines barracks in Beirut in October 1983 and the debacle of the spineless Westerners against the Syrian-Hezbollah onslaught against the MultiNational Force and Lebanon's Christians, Reagan pulled the Marines onto the USS New Jersey and fired two shells into the Shouf mountains of Walid Jumblatt (who was then an enemy of the US and today is a great friend and ally of the US). We never heard the last of the "barbaric" US attack against the poor Druze villagers of Jumblatt, but the US fled the scene of the crime against the Marines, Lebanon was forced by Syria to abrogate the peace-treaty it had concluded with Israel, and Lebanon was abandoned wholesale to Syria, Hezbollah, Iran, the Saudis and the Kuwaitis, all of whom then were vicious enemies of the US and supporters of Hezbollah. This surrender to terrorism will come back to haunt the US in hundreds of terrorist attacks culminating in September 2001.
2. Is the US trying to show its support for Israel, should Hassan Nasrallah make real his threats? That may be, but what can the three ships do that Israel did not try in the summer of 2006 when it leveled Lebanon to the ground and was unable to dislodge Hezbollah from its rat holes?
3. Is the US trying to "scare off" Hezbollah against even attempting a strike against Israel?
Perhaps, but Hezbollah did evict the US in 1984 from Lebanon with kidnappings, hijackings, bombings and killings... So in the mind of Hezbollah's leadership, to have an old enemy visiting the place again is an invitation to strike again. Which means that the US may be trying to provoke Hezbollah - not only against Israel, but also against Western targets and primarily American ones. If this is true, then the US, its Lebanese allies, and Israel are all trying to drag Hezbollah into a confrontation that is likely to be deadlier than July 2006. If this is the intent of the US, then Bush should better be ready this time - real well - and not squander again a precious opportunity like he did in Iraq. If he is seeking a fight against Syria, Iran and Hezbollah on Lebanese soil, then he should be ready to go all the way, once and for all. We don;t want another Iraq in Lebanon. We don't want cold feet, damp hands, weak knees and spineless backs. The Lebanese have paid so much over 40 years because of Western ineptitude in confronting Syria and the other assholes. They may be willing to pay one more time, as long as it is the last time.
4 - As a corollary of the discussion under 3 above, is the US then preparing for a ground invasion of Lebanon. The cataclysmic impact of such a move cannot be measured, but this is certainly the best way to "avenge" 1983-1984 and the American debacle and surrender to Hezbollah. It is also a sure way to eradicate - for good - the Hezbollah cancer, sever the Syrian umbilical cord, push Lebanon to the closest it's ever been to making peace with Israel (like Egypt, like Jordan, like Tunisia, like the Arab Emirates...), and finally shelter Lebanon from the ramifications of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
But the ramifications on the negative side are as dangerous:
- Dragging Syria, Israel and Iran into a bigger conflict
- Open another guerilla war in Lebanon
- Much destruction and devastation will be visited on Lebanon, already decimated by 40 years of wars, and most importantly, it raises the question of
- Will the US, Saudi Arabia and Israel fulfill their dream of settling the Palestinian refugees permanently in Lebanon, thus easing the path for a resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Good Luck, America. Good Luck, Lebanon.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Since the Palestinians are in their vast majority Sunni Moslems, this plan benefits Hariri and the Lebanese Sunnis in the first place since their numbers surge by about 0.5 million - Both the Americans and the Saudis appear behind the idea, which is why they support Hariri. In contrast, the Shiites, who have worked (i.e. terrorized, bombed, kidnapped...) very hard to get themselves heard, will see their rise stunted by that development, which explains the hostility between Iran (Hezbollah's patron) and the West. The Christian Lebanese have been already emasculated by the wars of the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s, with everyone standing against them (the West, Israel, the Arabs, etc..) indeed to make place for the Palestinians, which explains why they are split right down the middle: Some side with the Sunnis - mostly the traditionalists, the corrupt and former warlords who still think they can reclaim the crumbs of power they once had from under the Saudi robe of Hariri. Others side with the Shiites and Hezbollah - namely Aoun and the FPM, who seem to think they can trick the hardline Shiites long enough to undermine the Sunnis, then effect a comeback for the Christians once both Sunnis and Shiites have been weakened enough by the current hostility.
One way to interpret the current standoff in Lebanon is through this prism of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Two issues remain an obstacle to a Palestinian State: The status of Jerusalem (and Olmert hinted a few months back that Israel would be willing to concede Abu-Dis - the Palestinian East Jerusalem district - to be the future capital of the Palestinian State), and the Right of Return of the millions of Palestinian refugees scattered outside Palestine proper. Lebanon may be the place where the solution to the second obstacle is being played out.
Here is what Joseph Hitti (of the New England Americans for Lebanon organization in Boston, Massachusetts) has proposed:
END THE PLIGHT OF PALESTINIAN REFUGEES IN
RE-DISTRIBUTE THEM TO ARAB COUNTRIES AND COUNTRIES OF EMIGRATION
Joseph Hitti –
· Both the Arab world and the West are to blame for the plight of the Palestinian refugees
· The history of western anti-Semitism ultimately led to the creation of
· All Arab countries have abused their Palestinian refugee populations for political motives
· The refugee camps in
· In order to end the terrible plight that these refugees have lived for the past 60 years, and until their final status is determined between
- WEST BANK: the Palestinian Authority should re-settle those refugees who wish to return to
- ARAB COUNTRIES: The 21 Arab Member States of the Arab League should, each in proportion to its population density, accept the re-settlement of those refugees who wish to do so. A quota system may be adopted such that the largest and wealthiest countries re-settle larger numbers of refugees than smaller and poorer countries.
- THE WEST: The traditional countries of emigration - US, Canada, Mexico, Central and Latin America, Australia, and New Zealand as well as those European countries who were directly responsible for the genesis of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict (e.g. Germany, the UK, etc.) – should offer to permanently settle on a quota basis those of the refugees who elect to do so.
· The Palestinian refugee problem is not
· It is time for the world to unburden
- Give the refugees a chance for a better life
to finally be on the track of recovery, and Lebanon
- Contribute to the final resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
Washington, D.C., February 21, 2008 -
The George W. Bush Administration is set for an official meeting in March with a convicted Lebanese warlord, widely recognized for planning, ordering and committing war crimes that left permanent scars on the minds and bodies of thousands of Lebanese citizens. Mr. Samir Geagea was the leader of the "Lebanese Forces militia" during the Lebanese war that lasted from 1975 to 1990. His bloody history against the people and the national army of Lebanon has shaped Lebanon's modern history, leaving behind thousands of widows, orphans, handicapped and displaced people, as well as destroyed public and private property. If for any reason Samir Geagea should be in the United States, it should be to stand trial for his war crimes against the families and friends of many Lebanese-Americans who either lived or witnessed the Lebanese war.
As of 1994, Geagea was tried and convicted for four crimes – only a small portion of his long list of war crimes that we have listed below for your reference. He was convicted for:
1. The assassination of former Lebanese Prime Minister, Mr. Rachid Karami
2. The assassination of a former leading figure in the Lebanese Forces militia, Elias Zayek
3. The assassination of Christian leader Dany Chamoun with his wife and two young children (ages 5 and 7)
4. The assassination attempt against Deputy Prime Minister/Minister of the Interior Michel Murr
5. The cold-blooded murder of Tony Frangieh, his wife and baby daughter, and 35 hapless Lebanese.
Zayek was a Christian leader who posed a threat to Geagea's dreams of the militia leadership. Dany Chamoun, son of late Lebanese President Camille Chamoun, was one of the most active and independent Christian leaders during the Syrian invasion of 1990, and was also a threat to Geagea's ambition of being the sole Christian leader. In 1990, Geagea commenced his collaboration with the brutal Syrian regime at the expense of the Lebanese people.
Although he was not convicted, Geagea was suspected of bombing the Maronite Catholic church of Saydet Najat in Jounieh, in which tens of worshipers were killed in 1994. The judges could not convict him "for insufficient evidence" as per the official verdict. Geagea was sentenced to death for his assassination crimes, and the sentence was later reduced to lifetime in prison.
Geagea only spent 11 years in jail, and was pardoned in a special bill passed by the Lebanese parliament on July 18, 2005. An interesting condition about this "special pardon" is that it not only included Geagea, but also included a score of Al Qaeda-inspired extremists who were captured after conducting terrorist attacks against the Lebanese army and civilians in 2001. Geagea's release is perceived by many people as a cover up and distraction for the release of these Islamist extremists.
A leader of a relatively insignificant political party, Geagea holds no public official or representative status. This criminal and insignificant party leader holds no official title or position in the Lebanese government to be received by the Bush Administration or the Republican Party.
To grant a US entry visa to a convicted war criminal such as Samir Geagea, and to permit him to defile the land of the free is not only against US law, but is also an unacceptable deed, and a great insult to the American people and to the values inherent in the American Constitution (Please see note below from Department of Homeland Security). Criminals such as Geagea should not set foot on the soil of the United States, not to mention that of the White House or the Capitol Building. The eyes that enjoyed gazing coldly at the grief of hundreds of thousands of mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, grandfathers and grandmothers from all over the world, should never be allowed to look toward the home of the brave.
We trust that the Congress and the Administration of the United States will take the proper measures to put an end to this ill-conceived visit.
Lebanese Americans for Justice
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
How can the Lebanese claim to have a democracy when clergymen run the country and hundreds of thousands of people have been killed, maimed or displaced for something as stupid as a religion that your parents imposed on you at birth?
When will there be a day in Lebanon when a Hindu, an atheist, a Mormon, a Buddhist, or someone who doesn't give a damn about religion or God or any the prophets is given equal recognition with any other Lebanese under the constitution?
Right now, you - an ordinary citizen - have no rights unless you are a member of the 18 religions recognized by the Lebanese constitution. Which means that the State does not recognize you unless one of the 18 organized religions in Lebanon admit you as one of their members. Which means that Patriarch this and Sheikh that and Mufti this and Sayyed that have exclusive control over your life. You can't marry, you can't vote, you can't divorce, you can't change religions, you can't inherit your parents etc. unless these unelected men - since they are supposedly chosen by God to run your life - approve, oftentimes with thousands of dollars in bribes and kickbacks.
That, my friends, is what makes Lebanon a backwards country, a primitive country, a non-democracy. It is a country run by a religious elite in collusion with a feudal elite and a money elite, over the backs and the lives of ordinary people who, sadly, kowtow to the elites because they depend on them for survival.
In Lebanon, you need the intercession of your "zaim" - your political boss whom you voted at last elections - to get your son a job in government or reduce the bribe required by some bureaucrat. Nothing can be done in Lebanon unless you play the client to a boss. You vote for him and he'll do stuff for you.
And today, the crisis in Lebanon is really between the zaims. Not between the people. Just between the elites who are haggling over political positions from which to pilfer more, steal more, monopolize more power...so that they have the biggest share of the corruption pie that is Lebanon.
Did you know that it has been 18 years since the war officially ended in 1990, and electricity is still rationed at the rate of 8 hours a day? This, in a tiny piece of crap of a country that has only 3.5 million people and is 120 miles long and 30 miles wide. Why? Because the politicians and their cronies run a very profitable generator business. Every household in Lebanon has two subscriptions to electric power sources: the government's (where you get your 8 hours a day), plus a local distributor (like a neighbor or someone around the block) who owns a generator and who installs a switch for you so that when the government's power source dies (which happens any time, without warning), the local power source kicks in.
Similar stories go for the water (there is no running drinking water; so you have to keep buying expensive water in huge plastic jugs that pollute the environment and which are manufactured by...guess who.... the politicians, their sons and their cronies!The cell phone business...a monopoly owned by the politicians and their families and cronies, and Lebanon has the most expensive cell phone rates in the world... and on and on...
The whole presidential crisis is a sham...and is largely irrelevant to the needs of the people or to what makes a country a civilized country. People don't give a damn about Shebaa or Israel or Hassan Nasrallah or Nasrallah Sfeir or Michel Aoun or Saad Hariri.... Whether we replace Lahoud with Suleiman will not change anything to the real problems on the ground; in fact, it will consolidate the status quo. Or whether its is idiot Siniora or dumb Hariri who becomes prime minister will not make a difference. Changing players from the same club is not the issue. The game must change first, and the rules must be re-written first to empower the people of Lebanon, not the rulers of Lebanon. Only then will there be a chance to effect real change and will Lebanon begin to climb from the backwater primitive jungle it is today to anything resembling genuine modernity. Don't listen to the few idiotic western journalists who visit Beirut once in a while and have a drink in a downtown cafe, then return home to write what big strides Lebanon has made and what freedoms its people enjoy. Don't be fooled by the veneer this tacky cheap tourist stuff covers the real underlying problems.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Not only does the idiot Siniora - whose own life is under threat by the Syrians - trust the Syrian regime in conducting such an investigation, but this inept cretin of a Prime Minister who has been unable to conduct a single investigation into who killed his own collaborators and political allies is so saddened by the killing of Mughniyah (the monster killer who terrorized the West - Siniora's patrons - out of Lebanon in the 1980s and 1990s and brought the Syrians to control his own country) that he is asking his own enemies, the Syrians, to let him know the outcome of their investigation.
You gotta love politics in Lebanon to appreciate the stupidity of the Lebanese people for following trash politicians like Siniora and his friends of the March 14 Cedars Revolution.
The capacity of the Lebanese people for patience, endurance and obstinacy over pain has exceeded the imaginable. No nation in the world has endured the oppression, adversity and humiliation that
More amazing is that the people, or at least some of them, continue to indulge in their allegiance to this class and their readiness to take to the streets in support of this or that side, instead of rising up against all those who brought them to this bottomless pit of despair, misery, and suffering, and who have squeezed them between the fear and anxiety over the future and the starvation of today.
The ruling majority has relinquished its role of savior since March 14, 2005 and has dissipated all the hopes that were pinned on it. It has gradually relinquished the gains, slogans and goals of the revolution until it is no longer but a soulless body and a majority on paper.
And if the majority is paralyzed and without immunity, the opposition on the other hand is beset with a graver disease, namely political profligacy, arrogance and bombast that inevitably leads to demise. Since its beginning, this opposition has done its best to undermine the political life cycle of the country and void it of its constitutional institutions one after another. It also has contributed to undermining the already decaying economy by occupying public and private property in the center of the capital. More dangerous than all of this is the decision taken by one of the opposition leaders to convert Lebanon, and only Lebanon, into an open war arena against Israel after he hijacked the decision-making of the Lebanese people and forced them into a futile war which will, next time around, devastate everything.
Nothing can explain the deadly silence of the Lebanese people over this egregious injustice that is inflicted on them, and the reasons that prevent them from rising against these degenerate vultures that make up the political establishment and which have transformed Lebanon from the country of peace and freedom into a country of war and the manufacture of death; from the country of prosperity, abundance and pride into a country of indigence, poverty and destitution where people nowadays sift through garbage looking for food!
This black page of our history, which is being written by the political establishment, must be turned one of these days. How long will those starving inside their houses wait before storming out in the streets with their pitchforks? How long, I ask our people, will they wait?
February 22, 2008
Friday, February 22, 2008
- Hassan: The blood of Mughniyah won't go in vain:
- Hanibaal: It already has. The criminal Mughniyah has killed hundreds of innocent friendly Americans, Frenchmen, Britons, UN soldiers, not to mention all the Lebanese that have perished as a result of his barbaric campaign of terror.
- Hassan: We will defend ourselves at the right time and the right opportunity:
- Hanibaal: Hassan Nasrallh, the dog and mule of Tehran, is in a dead-end. He is a dog who is at the end of his leash, so he will bark louder and louder, and he can be very dangerous. But he knows he has nowhere to go but down. The entire premise of his enterprise of terror - bullshit Islam, and the anachronistic hatred of others and modernity - has no future in the modern world. His defense of himself means more Lebanese killed, more devastation, more hatreds....It is up to the Lebanese to decide whether to believe this mad idiot.
- Hassan: In case of a new war, we will defend and fight, and Israel's army will be defeated, and without army, Israel won't remain.
- Hanibaal: We don't give a shit about you or about Israel or about Jerusalem or about the Palestinians, or about Islam for that matter. We only care about Lebanon and the Lebanese people. As the dog eating from the hands of the Muslim dinosaur rulers of Iran, Hassan will say just about anything and do just about anything, whenever Tehran tells him. So he will fight Israel until the last Lebanese drops dead, even as he knows that the Lebanese people are tired of his Quixotic shit.
- Hassan: There is no debate, but consensus, in Israel as to the defeat [in the July 2006 war]. In Lebanon, however, there is a debate.
- Hanibaal: Hassan wants the Lebanese to shut up. He fails to see that in Israel they did not have the devastation that was inflicted on Lebanon. So they see it as a military defeat. In Lebanon, the Lebanese people are debating because their homes are ruined, their economy is in shambles, and the only thing Hassan is offering them is a couple of inaccurate Katyushas and the dirty beards of his Hezbollah idiots. How can he not see the ridicule of what he is asking the Lebanese people to accept?
- Hassan: I quoted Ben Gurion who said that when Israel loses a war, it will cease to exist.
- Hanibaal: Wow, Hassan reads Israeli history. See how smart he is? Wow. We are stunned by Hassan's perspicacity. I'll add: When Hezbollah loses a war, Lebanon will cease to exist. So take your pick, Hassan: Which is your priority? Do you want Lebanon to cease to exist? or do you want Israel to cease to exist? Do you care more about Jerusalem or more about Beirut? You want to eliminate Israel by destroying Lebanon? What's the point, you jackass?
- Hassan: We still support and endorse a national dialogue [Lebanese] that leads to a defensive strategy.
- Hanibaal: Defense against what? What are we dying for? Why should Lebanon be the only jackass Arab country to fight Israel? I don't want to fight anymore. I want peace with Israel or any fucking country that is on the other side of the border, because I define myself by my own happiness, and not by the misery I inflict on others. What defensive strategy? The one we have had for 50 years and which has given us nothing but death, backwardness, idiots like you and the loss of land, people, and life? IS this, Hassan, what you have to offer the people of Lebanon? Haven't they given enough? Your obsession with destroying Israel is not shared by the rest of the Lebanese. They just don't care.
- Hassan: We find it strange that some countries have closed their offices and warned their citizens.
- Hanibaal: Hassan, don't play dumb. Imad Mughniyah, your idiot martyr, spent two decades kidnapping and killing Westerners in the name of your stupid cause. You don't think that Western countries should worry about your cries for blood and revenge?
- Hassan: Mughniyah was the brain behind the victory of May 25, 2000.
- Hanibaal: And as we say in Lebanese "ألله يغمقلو" - May God dig his grave even deeper! Sure, Hassan, Mughniyah did many "great things", but now he is gone. So stop bragging about your futile divine victories...we are so tired of them. We just don't give a hoot about defeating Israel or whether Mughniyah had a big brain or any gonads at all. We know that he was a coward who killed many innocent people in their sleep, car-bombing them when they are defenseless, kidnapping them when they were unarmed and defenseless, keeping them chained in dingy basements for years... This is not bravery. This is shameful cowardice that speaks volumes about Hezbollah, and about Islam for that matter. Just leave us alone. You know your end is near...so bark some more and go to sleep...forever. Here, take this bone....
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Imad Mughniyah - the Hezbollah Terrorist and Killer of Americans - is a "Martyr" for the dumb jackasses of the Free Patriotic Movement
The French and US troops were part of the MultiNational Peacekeeping Force which had come to Beirut in late 1982 to oversee the evacuation of Yasser Arafat's PLO forces, to help the government of President Amin Gemayel - faltering under the Syrian-Hezbollah assault -, and to prevent Samir Geagea's Lebanese Forces militia from murdering more innocent Palestinian refugees in Sabra-Shatila.
Pity the nation which makes heroes of criminals and is totally ignorant of its own history.
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Siniora and Hariri and their war criminal allies Jumblatt and Geagea are backed by the Bush administration, which - in a reversal of its own stated "no deal with tyrannies for fake stability" principle - has propped these warlords and feudal leaders to stand against Syria and Hezbollah, even though for more than 25 years they were the Syrian occupation's top collaborators and Hezbollah's supporters and financiers, helping the Assad regime consolidate its brutal rule of terror over the Lebanese people and filling their own pockets at the expense of the Lebanese people's hard-earned livelihood under conditions of war they themselves imposed because of their collaboration and treason.
Here are their American supporters, now doing some soul-searching - in bad English, I might add, trying to solve the very difficult question of how can a former collaborator and criminal, who pretended one day to have become a patriot and honest citizen, suddenly revert to his old collaboration and criminal behavior. Sometimes, it seems, you really need a rocket scientist to figure this one out, and being an attorney or a professor or such other title does not help, nor does it guarantee a good use of the English language.
The World Council of the Cedars Revolution
Washington DC, Cedars News, Feb 16th, 2008
Imad Mugnieh is an international terrorist and The Lebanese cabinet and March 14 have an explanation to provide to the public
The Director of the US Council for the Cedars Revolution issued the following statement
We, as Lebanese Americans do consider Hezbollah as a Terrorist Organization, which has taken the lives of many American lives since 1983. We also consider Hezbollah as a Terror group which has been involved in an alliance with the Syrian regime responsible for the occupation of our mother country Lebanon and for a series of Terror assassinations aimed at legislators, journalists, politicians, and military and security commanders.
We consider Hezbollah as responsible for the war against the Cedars Revolution and for violence against the Lebanese People. We wish to see this organization disarmed and the international terrorists within its ranks brought to justice.
We have been surprised and offended to see the head of the Lebanese cabinet which we have been supporting and politicians members of the March 14 Coalition expressing their political condolences to the leadership of Hezbollah for the death of international terrorist Imad Mughnieh. While his Terror wars on the regional level and inside Lebanon are behind the violence he got involved with, and while his wars are not of Lebanon's business, he was also responsible for the campaign of violence against Lebanese citizens.
The Lebanese cabinet and March 14 have an explanation to provide to the public of the Cedars Revolution, to the Lebanese Diaspora and to the Lebanese American community. The US Council of the Cedars Revolution request a formal explanation about the rationale behind the act of solidarity with international terrorism practiced by the Lebanese cabinet and the March 14 Alliance.
Attorney John Hajjar
Director, US Council of the Cedars Revolution
Source: Aljazeera.net - Wed. Feb. 20
The security forces of the Baathist enemy entity have shot dead a Lebanese teenager near the border with Lebanon amid continuing political tensions, Lebanese police said in a statement.
Abbas Abbas was returning home on Tuesday after working on his farmland on the frontier when a Syrian border patrol opened fire on him, killing him instantly, according to the statement.
The idiot Prime Minister of Lebanon Siniora, left, said yesterday
that he wants good relations with the Syrian enemy entity.
There have been a number of shooting incidents along the border since Syria was forced to withdraw its troops from Lebanon in April 2005, two months after the assassination of Rafiq al-Hariri, a former prime minister.
Tensions between the two governments, which once enjoyed close relations, have spilled over into Lebanon's domestic politics, where the anti-Syrian ruling coalition remains locked in a 15-month power struggle against an opposition led by Shia Hezbollah, which is backed by Syria and Iran. In spite of the tensions, the idiot collaborator Prime Minister of Lebanon, Fouad Siniora, declared yesterday that he was seeking good relations with the dictatorial regime of the Baathist enemy entity, even as Hezbollah, the Baathist enemy's ally, is seeking to topple the idiot and his government.
Lebanon has been without a president since Emile Lahoud, seen as pro-Syrian, ended his term in office on November 23, plunging the country into the worst political crisis since the Palestinian-Syrian War against Lebanon between 1975 and 1990.
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
BEIRUT: Lebanese Prime Minister Fouad Siniora said Monday that Lebanon wanted good relations with all countries in the world except for Israel, "which is our only enemy."
Siniora added Lebanon was seeking "good relations" with Syria and Iran. "However, relations must be based on mutual respect. It is not acceptable for Iran to view Lebanon as an arena for conflicts," he said.
Siniora told Future News, Al-Hayat and LBC television stations after he arrived in London that Iran and Syria were "financially and militarily" supporting the opposition in Lebanon.
Comment: Siniora heads a government in a country where upwards of 14 car bombs by Syria in the past two years have killed Siniora's own ministers, members of Parliament, journalists etc., The entire country is on the verge of collapse because of Syria and its proxies on the ground in Lebanon. Yet Siniora wants "good relations" with Syria, but he wants nothing to do with Israel which is fighting Siniora's own enemy on the ground, namely Hezbollah.
Siniora also ignores the fact that Syria has been engaged in secret negotiations with Israel, and also the fact the the Egyptian head of the Arab League comes from a country which has diplomatic relations and a peace treaty with Israel.
This is how duplicitous and hypocritical Arab leaders are. This is how tribal these people are. Even if your brother is stabbing you in the back and your "enemy" is trying to stop him, you still side with your brother. The bigger problem for the Lebanese is that the other idiot in Washington, George W. Bush, wants the Lebanese to accept Siniora as the savior of democracy in Lebanon, along with the other numbskulls of the March 14 movement (imbecile Saad Hariri, deranged Amine Gemayel, psychotic Geagea, insane Jumblatt, etc.).
Saturday, February 16, 2008
The March 14 Mafiosi's candidate for President of Lebanon, Gen. Michel Suleiman, another General of the Lebanese Army who is pro-Syrian to the hilt, just paid a visit to Hezbollah's Hassan Nasrallah to present his condolences for the death of the Hezbollah terrorist Imad Mughniyah, bombed to shreds last week in the heart of Damascus. Suleiman is the man whom the US administration supports to be the next President of Lebanon!
Ahmad Hariri, the brother of the Saudi-Lebanese hybrid and Daddy's kid, Saad Hariri, also paid a visit to Hassan Nasrallah with tears streaming from his eyes, to present Saad's condolences for the death of Imad Mughniyah, the murderer of US Navy diver Robert Dean Stethem in 1985 on Beirut Airport tarmac, the killer of 241 US Marines and servicemen in Beirut in 1983, the bomber of the US Embassy in Beirut, the torturer and hanging man of US Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, the kidnapper of the American hostages.... This is the man for whom Saad Hariri is shedding tears.
Unlike his declarations and pledges post-September 11, Bush is now cavorting to these corrupt feudal dictators and former warlords of the so-called MARCH 14 CEDARS REVOLUTION to buy "stability" from them in Lebanon, as long as they stand with him against Hezbollah and Iran. There is no standing by real reformers, real human rights advocates, or real democracy. Just a short-term short-sighted unprincipled appeasement that does not give a hoot for the Lebanese people or for real Lebanese democracy for that matter. The problem is that beneath the surface and behind Bush's back, these criminals and mercenaries are supporting Hezbollah and Syria and Iran.
The question is what will the US Administration and its poodles in the Lebanese American community do when the filthy gangsters of the March 14-Cedars Revolution gangrene return to their ideological protoplasm of anti-Western, pro-Arab, pro-Islamic nationalism? Will the Christians of Lebanon be left high and dry one more time by the short-sightedness of US foreign policy which we thought for a brief moment of hope would have learned the lessons of the past?
Imad Mughniyah is second only to Osama Bin Laden in killing the most Americans in his terrorist career, and Hariri, the castrated poodle of the Americans offers his condolences for "Martyr" Mughniyah's death. What are the Lebanese people to think, who lost 200,000 lives, a ruined country, a debacle of an economy, hundreds of thousands of missing, injured, maimed and disabled for life, when their leaders perform their incestuous politics of, as the Lebanese saying goes, "killing the man and walking in his funerals"? I told you, the Americans today are supporting the CEDARS REVOLUTION MARCH 14 Mafia as Lebanon's savior. I am beginning to think I will vote for Barak Obama!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Hassan Nasrallah, Hezbollah's top henchman, is upset. "They" killed Imad Mughniyah, the Hezbollah criminal who spent his lifetime killing and bombing innocent people for the simple reason that Iran asked him to do so, and under the pretense that the Shiite brand of Islam of such an import that he and his Iranian mullah degenerates must go around killing others to prove it.
The other supposed reason for Mughniyah's 30-year career as a criminal is that he wants to liberate Jerusalem on behalf of the Palestinians, who in fact don't want to liberate Jerusalem anymore. They- the Palestinians- have given up, but Mughniyah, Nasrallah and Ahmadinejad insist on liberating Jerusalem for the Palestinians, even if this means the destruction of Lebanon, which they have basically succeeded in doing.
And the Johnny-come-lates of the Free Patriotic Movement of Michel Aoun, allies of Hezbollah, went today in the person of Salim Aoun and offered their condolences for the death of this criminal. They actually feel sad for the death of the guy who supported Syria's takeover of Lebanon by bombing the US Marines barracks in Beirut in 1983. Indeed, Aoun is trapped - not only tactically as many first thought - but ideologically as well in the Iranian Shitslamic Republic of Ahmadinejad, Nasrallah and consorts.
The final point is that Nasrallah is railing at Israel for killing Mughniyah. The fact, though, is that Mughniyah was killed in the heart of Damascus. Therefore, no one seems to notice that while Syria's reach has killed dozens of people in Lebanon, Syria's reach is by far easier in Syria itself. And if, as Nasrallah is saying, Israel is able to penetrate the depth of Syria and bomb someone in downtown Damascus where everyone is a Syrian Intelligence agent, then why couldn't Israel reach inside Lebanon and kill Nasrallah himself? Therefore, the more likely scenario is that the Syrian regime was paid or enticed or driven to rid the world of Mughniyah as a way to signal to the international community its willingness to deal, in the desperate hope of avoiding the International Tribunal that is being prepared to prosecute Syria for the Hariri assassination. Israel's Ehud Barak was in fact in Turkey on the day of Mughniyah's bombing in Damascus. Didn't Syria one time hand over Ocalan, the wanted Kurdish rebel, to Turkey to send a similar appeasement signal to the West? Didn't Syria assassinate Elie Hobeika, the other Lebanese criminal, as a gift to the West? The assassination of Mughniyah by the Syrians signals the beginning of the end in Lebanon's crisis. Through Syria, the international community, including Israel, the US and the Arab World at large, is telling Iran and Hezbollah that Syria can turn against them any time it sees a way out of the stalemate. By the same token, Syria's so-called enemies in Lebanon (Hariri, Gemayel, Jumblatt, Geagea...) should beware this rapprochement between Syria and the West, because they will have to start driving again - and frequently- to Damascus like they used to when they were the poodles of the Syrian occupier between 1990 and 2005, before they learned how to beg for their independence, sovereignty and freedom from the West and the traitor George Bush.
Yes, Israel might be happy about the death of Mughniyah, so are the Americans and many Lebanese for that matter. But lest we forget, Syria's desperation is now beginning to show, and Syria will drop Hezbollah and Nasrallah like a rotten tomato the moment it sees a better mule to ride. Who would the jackass Michel Aoun then hang on to? No one, and the Lebanese Christians who had pegged their hopes on him for decades will have to fall back into the hands of the other Lebanese Maronite jackasses like Amine Gemayel and the criminal - yet another Lebanese one - Samir Geagea, which is a very sinister scenario for the Lebanese Christians.